Monday, June 25, 2018

Wings of Ice by G Bailey

"Isola Dragice thought she knew what her future would bring. Only, one earth-shattering moment destroys everything.

When war threatens her home, Isola returns from earth to the world of dragons she knows nothing about, and to Dragca Academy. 


When the four most powerful dragon guards in history are ordered to protect her, they didn’t expect to be protecting an accident prone princess. One who, accidentally, nearly kills her whole class at Dragca Academy in her first week. 


What happens when fire falls for Ice?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first read from this author, so I was excited to dive in and see what G. Bailey was made of. I don't typically read a lot of Romance, but I was interested (because dragons!) in the synopsis I was given(above) and because you don't often get to read reverse harems since not many people write them.

Wings of Ice is a fast-paced, Romantic Adventure, featuring a young Isola with a distant father, and almost no other family to speak of. She is sent to live with humans early on in life and is essentially left there for her safety, (Ya know, since she a freaking princess.) Events lead her father to come and get her from the human realm early and bring her to Dragca Academy, where she is surrounded by boys. Men really, who are set to out to protect her out of fear of a curse.

Bailey is quick to set up her world and launch you into the action. Obviously I don't recommend Wings of Ice to anyone that isn't an Adult yet, but it is a book you should consider reading if you don't mind being in the mind of a 18 year old dragonic princess who doesn't quite know what to do with all the men life has thrown at her.

Personally one of my critiques of Wings of Ice is that the fast paced storytelling left me wanting more. More description of the rooms, the people. Each character was given very little physical description, and getting to know them was hard as several of them seemed to have the same personality. Fantasy novels are typically full to the brim with descriptions of everything and I found myself having to stop to try and imagine what Isola was looking at and coming up with this half-formed picto-thought.

The dialouge in the book was also a little weird for me. Some of it was trying to be banter like and came across flat, or just rude. And some of the dialouge is just something I can't imagine being said.

Despite my critiques, I did enjoy Wings of Ice. It is a work that is definitely for Romance lovers more so than Fantasy lovers, and while I will definitely be checking this author out again, I'm not sure if it will be reading the next one in this series or picking up a new one.


G. Baileys Author Site 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen by Samantha Wilcox

She was the mother of Henry VIII and wife of Henry VII, but who was Elizabeth of York? Raised as the precious eldest child of Edward IV, E...