Monday, September 17, 2018

Betrothed to The Dragon by Kara Lockharte


I like to pretend I’m just another immigrant trying make her way in New York City. You’d recognize the story I tell my human friends: fleeing persecution, a desperate relative brings baby me to America with nothing more than the clothes we wear. Hard work, study and persistence brings prosperity and now I’m on the cusp of starting my museum curatorship career. It’s not the entire truth. Though my family may look human, we are not. We have been called many names, gods, demons, fae, yokai, rakshasas, but we are shen, the wielders of Earth’s magic.We sought asylum in America to escape an immortal monster the Devourer, who is determined to find and eat the magic of every last shen in this world, including me.Even though I am the worst sort of shen, a shen with no ability to use magic. My grandmother’s magic can no longer to protect me.And now, just now, she tells me about the bargain she made with the dominant non-human power of New York to save me.Marriage.To a DRAGON.Monster or not, magic or not, there’s no way I’m marrying a man — a dragon, I don’t know. Even he turns out to be the sexiest panty-melting hunk of a suit I’ve ever seen. Absolutely not. I mean it. Seriously. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is not a book for kids. Just throwing that out there. It is a story of one womans search for safety while and evil being that can destroy worlds is after her, and her subsequent fall into love (and the arms of) her betrothed, a Dragon. It is a harrowing adventure full of magic, and monsters, and detailed fight scenes, and sex. There are lots of twists, some that i guessed ahead of time, and others that took me completely by surprise.

If you aren't into the the sex part, (Or are really wanting the sex part) you should know that there are only 2 major scenes where sex actually happens, as well as a few smaller scenes that involve light foreplay. The major part of this book is the action and the storyline. And let me tell you, Kara has some stuff hidden up her sleeve for this series. She has added some background that has just been hinted at, and I cant wait to see what she does with it.


It is on the short side, I read it in one night. But its fast paced, and a page turner for sure. I'm looking forward to reading the second one here in a few nights (assuming its about the same length as this one.) 

Overall, if you are looking for something new, this could be a god place for you to start!


Pages : 134 

Can be found on Amazon Here for your Kindle, or using Kindle Umlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen by Samantha Wilcox

She was the mother of Henry VIII and wife of Henry VII, but who was Elizabeth of York? Raised as the precious eldest child of Edward IV, E...